Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Behmor and Mr. Behm

While I was out of town for Thanks- giving, a brand new Behmor 1600 Coffee Roaster arrived with 8 pounds of Sweet Maria's precursors to exquisite elixir; all due to the generosity of my friend Aaron! Aaron had taken some steps that had worked out for him lately and made his life better; he wanted to share that with someone and as a net result, I was the recipient of generosity. Thank you, Aaron!

Now, one stipulation was that Aaron would get the first roast out of the roaster. Well, life has been so hectic that I have only had enough time to take it out of the box and snap a few photos. Starting tomorrow, I am on vacation until after the first of the year and I am both determined and looking forward to getting some roasting done with the Behmor 1600.

Given that Aaron is a fellow home roaster with a Behmor 1600, I want him to enjoy my first roast out of this roaster; I already have a bean selection in mind. What to do? Well everyone talks about how friendly Joe Behm (inventor of the Behmor 1600) is. I also remembered that I emailed him a Happy Thanksgiving message and he responded to call anytime. So I picked up the phone and called him. He answered the phone immediately, and it took Joe about 30 seconds to answer my specific question; the rest of the hour we conversed and shared stories on just about every subject one could imagine, including coffee and roasting. He even followed up with an email and some instructions that he mentioned within 30 minutes.

With this kind of customer service, Joe is sure to glean the benefits of his eight years of hard work to bring this roaster to the market. I wish him success,prosperity and a Merry Christmas!

Oh, and I was certain that his last name was pronounced Bame (Bām), and he confirmed this. However, the name of his roaster is pronounced, "Bee-more" (Bē-more) as in "be more," he wanted his roaster to be more.

2 comments:

hansinnm said...

The friend Aaron, you mentioned, is he THE Aaron who figured out the Redneck Roaster, using a Hamilton-Beach convection/rotisserie oven? If he is, can you provide me with an email address or phone number? I'd like to communicate with him since I took him up on his challenge to build one myself. It worked!! It cost me less than 90 bucks and I got the best roasted coffee I ever roasted.
Thank you for your help.
Hans (hansinnm@excite.com)

Eddie said...

The one and the same Aaron!